Join us and be one of our V.I.P blogger !
WHY should I write for Billie & Axel blog?
Blogging for Billie & Axel, and be part of our community, can be only for your own pleasure of writing or may help you build your reputation and increase your exposure to our followers. When you write for us, you become part of our “family.” Not only will you get a lot exposure and credibility, you have the potential to connect with some of our influential followers if they like your post. Our community is a friendly and active group, and we like to help each other out.
Some of the reasons to consider blogging for Billie & Axel:
- We have more than 13K followers on Instagram, and growing fast (min.1k / month)
- Social media exposure on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
- Reach our customer base
- Receive incentives such as V.I.P discount or merchandise, at Billie & Axel's discretion when available.
WHO is Billie & Axel’s audience?
Our audience is our customers of course, but also, any parent who wish to know about the latest fashion trends for their kids, design news & lifestyle advices. Our audience is sophisticated, meaning that they like beautiful things and wants the best for their children. The writting style should take this into consideration; although humour & personality is greatly encouraged, slang should be prohibited. We want to convey information in a professional and well presented matter.
WHAT makes a good Billie & Axel post?
We get far more submissions than we can accept (this is a great community!). To give yourself an edge, consider these tips:
- Check our website and social media. Develop a sense of what we are in term of style, visual identity and content.
- Write for our audience. Address their interests, needs, fears, challenges & things they should know about.
- Have, and hone, a main message. Edit your intro so that the point of your post is ridiculously clear. (Your teachers weren’t kidding about the value of a thesis sentence.)
- Tell a story – like a journalist. Cover who, what, when, where, how, and why. Make it personal. Share things you’ve done and seen, lessons you’ve learned, things you discoverd, places you visited, people you have met and so on.
- Make it interesting. Be personal, be humourous, be smart. Tell and show that you know what you are talking about.
- Make it real. Deliver aha moments for readers who may be scratching their heads.
- Make it long enough to engage and enrich readers. Post tend to have a bigger exposure to SEO if containing 1000 words, but smaller is accepted too. Quality over quantity is a must.
- Self-disclosure. Please disclose any relationships / partnerships/blogger etc. that you quoted or get inspired from. Copying someone else content will be not accepted and will terminate our partnership immediately.
- Be thoughtful when including links. Posts with too many links back to your own blog will look spammy and will be rejected. Please include your blog link at the end of your article.
- Self-promotion. Avoid promoting your own blog or store directly in your post. Your author bio is a good place to do that. And do not worry, we will take care of you!
- Use a friendly voice. Say I, we, you. Use contractions as you would normally (you’ll). Write as if talking with a friend, but as said before, not your "Bro"!
- Include high res images (PNG or JPGs) and/or video or infographic embed codes. Pictures should be at least 1000 pixels wide. Ideally, 1000x1000 is our best size. Make sure the exposure, light & quality match Billie & Axel style.
- Incorporate utility content. Share template, diy step-by-step, freebies, etc... if you have them.
- Give credit. Check your facts and quotations. Cite your sources. And always credit your photos if not your own with Photo Credi: "name" link
- Let your heart show. Where appropriate, share your feelings!
WHAT topics is Billie & Axel looking for?
In general, we are looking for posts around these categories :
- Children fashion & trends
- Children accessories
- Children toys
- Children brands that we should know about
- A product that Billie & Axel carry that you love and people must buy
- DIY - kids game, mom things and decor idea for a kids room for example
- Interior design - Nursery, kids room and playroom
- Education - Summer school and games, how to help improving your kids grades, etc...
- And anything else you might find pertinent.
HOW do I submit my application to Billie & Axel?
Please send your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your name, or your author name (the name you want us to present you as)
Your blog link, or example(s) of your articles.
Your bio: Bio should be approximately 60 words and should include your social medias accounts, as well as any other relevant links you wish to display: your blog, LinkedIn profile, Facebook page, website URL, etc. This is a great place to include any promotional or gated links as we generally don’t allow them in the body copy.
Your picture: A nice quality picture preferrably, or your logo if you are shy to add it as a signature.
Your envolvement : How many times would you like to write about (weekly, monthly, occasionnaly)
Supporting document: Word or AI Indesign.
Supporting images, interactive content, or videos: Don’t worry about the cover image, we’ll take care of that. But here are tips on the other kinds of media you may want to include:
- Images (PNG, JPG): Provide any high res images you would like to include within your Word doc. When saving your images, please provide a descriptive name (e.g. product-brand-description)
- Infographics, videos, and interactive content: Include the embed code for the infographic within your Word doc
For recurrent writer, we will grant an access to our blogging platform and you will be able to write directly on the blog.
Do I need to be in Canada to be considered ? Absolutely not, although we will only post article of North American stores or places to visit, we would love to have blogger from different countries and cultures!
Do I need to be one of your customer ? No (although you should :) !) but only posts about products that we carry, or intend to carry, will be accepted.
Do I get paid ? Not at the moment, but at our discretion, we might reward you with several incentives. It is a partnership, you give us content, we give you exposure.
How do I know that I have been selected ? We will send you our Blog Terms & Conditions, once you agree with them, we are ready to work together !